So there I was driving home from running errands yesterday minding my own business. I was just happily looking around as I always do too. I took one of two routes (a street) to our driveway. And there is when it happened... there right before my very eyes as I looked over to the rights side, was this beautiful sofa sitting on a lawn outside with the pillows off to the side. I drove right on by, but then I just had to go back around the corner again. The second time around, I saw a man who looked as if he was doing work on the home go out to his car at that perfect moment. I then slowed down and asked him out my car window if they were planning on getting rid of that sofa.
Would you believe it...
"they were planning on tossing this Sofa... WHAT??????!!!!"
I guess you can say,
"I was at the RIGHT PLACE... AT THE RIGHT TIME"
"Another Man's JUNK... Is Indeed Another Man's TREASURE!!!"
I just had the two kind men who were very happy to transport this sofa to my home, they were literally right behind my home to the right. They carried it through the alleyway and loaded it in my front room. I believe I saved them a trip to the Dumps...lol! I guess you can say;
"SCORED BIG TIME!!!!"
I just took my Shop Vacuume to it and made sure I cleaned it thoroughly good, unzipped the two fabric covers off of both cushions and washed in delicate cycle with Soft Detergent. You can actually see how clean they came out from the body of the Sofa. I plan on shampooing that too. There were some rips, some tears quite bad only on the fabric you sit on. They had to have a dog by the look of 'paw tears.' I plan on reupholstering this or making my own covers eventually. As for the rest of the body and frame of the Sofa... it is surprisingly in great condition.
For the quick fix... it's Cleaned with Pledge for the wood below in front, Sprayed Lysole, Sanitized, Fabreezed with FRESH SCENTS & with some serious tender loving care...
I also found this Dark Chocolate Brown Chair Slip Cover for my two sitting chairs for my
New Living Room Look...
MY NEW LOOK!
Hmmm, maybe an 'Anniversary Blessing' on top of my mom and nephew Zachary coming this Saturday for a week visit for My Anniversary and husband's birthday. It was certainly my "Lucky Day in this Month Of March" already, and...
I'm not even Irish...LOL!
Let's See What Other Surprises and Blessings This Month Brings...
you go girl! Awesome find..a total score, i would have picked it up myself. Looks great too...Where did you put the green one now? another blog post perhaps. The guest room looks great and so inviting too...Have fun with your nephew.I got your e-mail comment and added to my blog...I haven't had problems so must be on your end for some reason. Hope all is weel Perhaps you can call my Gramma in the hospital the next couple days...she is having knee surgery today...Just call the St. Bernadines in San Bernadino and aske for Rita Sirs room...She'll be there a few days...Okay so love ya all....Great find!!!! Mica
ReplyDelete