throw US a rope!!
A Remarkable & Noble Ministry - A Support/Life Lessons Group Ministry for Families raising kids with Special Needs.
A Remarkable & Noble Ministry - A Support/Life Lessons Group Ministry for Families raising kids with Special Needs.
My Family (five of us) went to our first meeting (every other Thursday night) at our church. All Couples/Parents being ministered to bibically in one room while all kids being ministered to in the other (my boys included.) Super excited to have met New Friend's who clearly have common ground with each other, facing similar issues.
...But I have to say the 'Best Part', was my husband sitting right next to me, joining me as a couple as it seemed to be a common scene from an AA meeting with everyone sitting in a circle talking about their struggles and what they endure. The Difference and Blessing in this meeting; The word of God, HIS promises Applied.
...But I have to say the 'Best Part', was my husband sitting right next to me, joining me as a couple as it seemed to be a common scene from an AA meeting with everyone sitting in a circle talking about their struggles and what they endure. The Difference and Blessing in this meeting; The word of God, HIS promises Applied.
LIFEGUARDS |
Bent Tree’s Caring Ministry strives to provide a Christ-centered, accepting environment where individuals with special needs can learn the love of Christ. For families with children who have been diagnosed with a disability—be it physical or mental—we partner with Kids Ministry to provide the level of care each child requires during our Sunday morning worship services at 9:00 am and 11:15 am. Our buddies, Lifeguards, pair up with special needs children to interact with them in our special needs classroom or accompany them to an age-appropriate classroom if they are more mainstream. |

Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.
Blessed is the one who perseveres under trial because, having stood the test, that person will receive the crown of life that the Lord has promised to those who love him. ~James 1- 12 ♥
I chose to use this image, cause for "ME" - this speaks volumes. We all face many Trials of Many Kinds, this is a GIVEN in our lifetime. Some of the Trials we know in Life will happen. "Change, Moving, Loosing our Jobs, Divorce, Death, Addictions with drugs, alcohol or any type of addiction for that matter which controls us to the point we can't control ourselves. And of course hearing a 'diagnosis' which is always devastating as all listed above. We have support groups for many types of life issues that bring us 'challenges physically and emotionally' out there which in no doubt is needed and a Ministry also. However, I have to admit I have never Heard of such a Church or Ministry to reach out to the Special Needs and their Families as a 'WHOLE!!'

SAVING & HEALING FAMILIES...
God has definitely Proven His Faithfulness to me and my family from the Day Our little Girl was Diagnosed with Autism. I remember hearing many times from others, (including counselors) 'The Healthiest of Families' would run into problems when you add a Special Needs child in the family unit. I always had that buried down in my spirit and seeing so many different issues come up, it kept coming to my attention that 'WE' would eventually have to go to Family Counseling to learn to deal as a family with our unique situation. God being faithful as HE IS, Already Foreseeing 'Three Years Later..." we would be here in Texas at a Amazing Church that reaches out in a God Given Ministry to Families who deal with this 24/7. Those who understand the undertaking of such circumstances know very well, it just doesn't affect the child who was diagnosed and dealing with this... doesn't just affect the parents of their child, but it affects the siblings in various ways as well.
I love the 'Visions - "Heart Visions" that God gives us in our Spirit as we intercede and pray. They are NOT fantasies, but Dreams that God has for US. I Aim to carry out what God's Dreams & Desires are for Me and my Family in this Life. - We are not to give up the 'Race, but keep Running with Endurance' when it comes to our calling and our Family.
I foresee & it's been my Hearts Desire and prayer for my boys learning a deep rooted sensitivity toward Special Needs People. Even when they are Adults possibly working with them as they know first hand living with their sister the 'Magnitude of Compassion'
HAVE A VERY BLESSED WEEKEND,
LOVE Nene


I read your blog today, i tried to leave a comment but in case it did not post I wanted to tell you that you are a woman of many gifts and one is pen to paper, you should write a book on encouragement because that is what you are, a true gift from God, have a blessed wknd and I am glad that your family was blessed by church last night
ReplyDeleteJeannene I can see God alive and working through you in your blog. I know you love decorating and such a God given talent. I see great courage in this blog and also answered to some prayers for you here. Stepping out into the unknown and not knowing where God is carrying you takes a great deal of courage to walk away from family and friends because you feel a nudging that the need is for your own family as a whole. I see God showing up in your concern for all of your children. Your experiences through these times will bless many other people dealing with simuliar circumstances. I can see that God has placed you and Ty where you need to be at this season in your life and also maybe molding your true purposes of the things that God is calling for you. I was very blessed to read this and while we have been friends and speaking to you through out the year. I to can see God's path. What a blessing girl and you keep moving. There is more. Love ya.
ReplyDeleteIt's so hard when you're led somewhere and you don't know why, only that it's what the Lord wants for you. I think that is where the biggest testament of faith comes in and you have that for sure :)
ReplyDeleteLoved this blog post, it made me smile so big.
You're such an inspiration, to me and to so many others.
Love and hugs,
Sandra
Wow Jeannene. You know, it's true, having a special needs child affects the entire family, including siblings...You said it, and with what I know is happening in your family Jeannene, this group at your church couldn't have shown itself to you at a better time. God's timing is perfect. You prayed for a support group. You prayed for a church, and what does God do for you as you patiently wait in faithfulness...He combines them for you. He has had His hand on you throughout this entire move...before the move, and I'm excited to see where He plans on taking you're ENTIRE family, especially Ty and you as a unit. It's exciting Jeannene, and things like this just make it so clear God is who He says He is, Jehovah Jireh..God will provide.I love you, and thank you for this post. It encourages me, and brings joy to my soul.
ReplyDeleteWhat an awesome post of encouragement and praise to our Heavenly Father...Sure sounds like it was an amazing and powerful night of God's Word touching you...((hugs)))
ReplyDeleteThis is awesome, Nene! Isn't our God amazing how He's already gone before us and leads us in His perfect plan as we seek His direction and stay so close to Him and remain obedient to follow!!!
ReplyDeleteThis post is certainly a testimony of His Faithfulness!! Glory to God!